Post perm care
- Wait 48-72 hours before shampooing your hair. You may wet your hair with a spray bottle, or scrunch with water. After the waiting times are up you may shampoo regularly for your hair type (remember to think of your hair as curly and chemically treated).
- Do not stand under a shower head for 48 hours. This will weigh down the crown area of your hair and pull the curl out or relax the curl.
- Avoid getting into a swimming pool or hot tub for 7 days. Chemicals in pools, hot tubs will change the chemical structure in your hair, even if you do not plan on getting your hair wet the heated water evaporates and the condensation contains chemicals that will go absorb into your hair shaft.
- Do not brush or pull hair for 24-48 hours. Use a wide tooth comb or pick to untangle your hair.
- Do not use a flat iron, curling iron or blow dryer for 48 hours. The heat will open up the cuticle and relax your curl. Use a towel scrunching method to dry your locks.
- Avoid coloring your hair for 3 to 7 days.
Instructions for maintaining your perm.
- Use a pick or wide tooth comb when hair is wet to untangle hair.
- The more you brush or run your fingers through your hair the bigger your hair will become. When you brush or run your finger through your hair you separate the curl and will create big, fluffy hair.
- Use a texture spray or curl fixative to keep the curl tight and defined.
- Always condition hair. Curly hair tends to be more dry because the serum does not flow down the hair shaft as quickly and chemically treated hair tends to become dry, using a professional conditioner is very important. To keep your curls from becoming dry and frizzy we recommend a leave in conditioner, too.
1. Milbon Creative Style - Wave Defining Cream 1
2. Milbon Moisture - Replenishing Shampoo / Treatment
3. Milbon Repair - Restorative Shampoo / Treatment
4. Milbon Repair - Restorative Blowout Primer (Coarse Hair)
5. Amos Curling Essence 2X